What Is CanSkate?
CanSkate is the learn-to-skate program of Skate Canada.
Objectives of the CanSkate Program
- To provide basic skating instruction in a group situation
- Coach to skater ratio - maximum 1 to 10 as dictated by Skate Canada
- Program assistants on ice to assist coaches
- To introduce skaters to the six fundamental movements of skating: go forward, go backward, stop, turn, spin, jump
- To enable all skaters to move through the six steps of the Skate Canada system
- To encourage and identify skaters to move through the STARSkate program
Nobleton Skating Club offers skating programs that cater to everyone, from preschoolers stepping on the ice for the first time to adult skaters with a passion for the sport. These programs serve both recreational and competitive skaters. Our programs are run by the NCCP professional coaches, and are suitable for all ages and abilities.